What is IV vitamin therapy?
IV vitamin infusion therapy involves inserting an IV line into a vein in your arm to administer an abundant amount of water-soluble vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, and minerals into your bloodstream.
What does IV vitamin therapy do?
In Houston, TX, IV vitamin treatments help with multiple lifestyle issues such as dull and pigmented skin, exhaustion, minerals, and nutrients deficiency. In addition to all of these, IV vitamin therapy is also popular for curing hangovers, boosting the immune system, detoxifying the body, anti-aging, and different health conditions. You can get vitamin treatments in a one-liter iv saline bag in a slow iv drip or 60 cc syringes over 20 minutes. They can help supplement your vitamin deficiency and help to detoxify the body.
Why opt for IV vitamin therapy?
We all know that our body is a complex structure for all those who don’t know about this topic. To keep it functioning steady and disease-free, it’s important to maintain a healthy balance of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, antioxidants, and many other things which a layman doesn’t know.
As found in studies, Vitamin D is one of the many vitamins that it’s hard to get adequate amounts of through food. In addition, further vitamins like magnesium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E are hard for the body to absorb, so taking these supplements in pill form isn’t necessarily effective. Instead, you may need to receive these vitamins in IV forms to replenish the deficiency.
Also, the vitamin supplements taken by mouth get broken down in the stomach and digestive tract and limit how much can be absorbed. However, when a vitamin is given through an IV, it’s absorbed in a much higher percentage.
What is Myer’s Cocktail?
Myer’s cocktail combines B-Complex Vitamins, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Magnesium, and other minerals and is used for various health benefits.
High dose IV Vitamin C infusion
Vitamin C can be given in an IV bag to boost the immune system and help fight viral infections.
- It improves the efficiency of our immunity system.
- Boosts energy levels in our body.
- It improves symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Reduces symptoms of migraines and improves symptoms of asthma, high blood pressure aside from several other health benefits.
- Maintains the health of muscles and tissues in our body.
- In addition to magnifying the external beauty of the body,
- It slows the aging process and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- It strengthens hair, nails, skin, and eyes.
- Provides fast and effective hydration; it’s also a countermeasure for dehydration.
- It reduces recovery time and also improves athletic performance.
Cons/disadvantages of IV vitamin therapy
Every human body is different and reacts to medical procedures differently. Also, every procedure carries a degree of risk component with it. Although in an IV vitamin therapy, the benefits outweigh the risks. But there still are some risks associated with it, such as:
- It sometimes causes Vein irritation or inflammation.
- Vitamin overdose could also occur.
- Some Chances of infection exist.
- In some cases, bruising could be a side effect of the procedure.
- Blood clots.
- Air embolisms in an IV line could also cause a stroke.
- It can also interfere with electrolyte balance.
It is highly advisable and recommended to undergo any treatment or medical procedure under the supervision or guidance of medical practitioners as of in ShineMD, Houston, TX. Still, after considering the above facts, we can conclude that the benefits of IV vitamin therapy exceed the risks attached to it. Follow ShineMD on social media to check out our latest posts. Further, please don’t indulge in any medical procedure because it’s a trend ( as an IV vitamin therapy is ) to improve your health. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.