You can find stubborn fat in different parts of your body. Most of us focus on our waist to get a slimmer look. However, a submental fat layer may cause a double chin problem. Submental fat is the layer of fat accumulated in the chin and neck areas. It cannot be enjoyable and can affect the quality of life. Therefore, it is essential to know the causes and prevention before discussing the double chin treatment options.
What causes a double chin?
- Obesity & weight gin is a prevalent factor, resulting in large amounts of fat in the face and neck areas.
- In some cases, looser skin for a natural aging process can cause a double chin.
- The direct factors include excess fat deposition from an unhealthy lifestyle, improper diet, and weight gain.
- The thyroid gland problems may also cause double chin issues.
- Moreover, those, who have chronic sinusitis issues, may face the problem of a puffy face.
- It can present without any causes and can be hereditary.
- It can also be related to poor postural habits.
What are the double chin treatment options?
There are various cosmetic procedures and modalities available to treat double chin. You can look for an innovative treatment with a smooth, chiseled jawline.
Natural way to treat double chin
- Some chin and neck muscle exercises include tilting your head, puckering your lips while tilting your head backward, and holding the position for a few seconds.
- You can do chin exercises and neck such as jutting your jaw forwards for a few seconds. However, the effects of these methods are not too significant.
- Losing weight with aerobic exercise, diet control, or medical weight loss may help reduce fat cells but may not help skin elasticity.
Double Chin Treatment with Kybella
Kybella is a prescription medication that is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring substance in bile that breaks down fat cells.
Usually, three to six treatments are required. The cost of the Kybella can be an issue but check out our current specials on Kybella.
Treatments consist of a series of injections on the double chin areas.
Swelling and bruising are common side effects due to inflammatory responses, which subside in a few days to weeks.
Coolsculpting double chin
Coolsculpting is an FDA-approved treatment for reducing fat cells in unwanted areas by freezing fat cells in intense cold temperatures.
Relatively painless. No downtime.
It is a prevalent treatment for double chin removal due to lack of downtime.
Coolsculpting chin is the non-surgical option to remove the double chin (submental fullness), the fat around the chin, and the jawline.
Smartlipo of the chin for the double chin removal
However, Smartlipo works for those who have a double chin for obesity. When other health issues are causing the problem, you have to speak to the physicians to get medical advice.
Smartlipo is one of the best techniques to ensure better facial proportions. Dr. Shukla makes small incisions and uses local anesthetics to perform the procedure. There is no need for general anesthesia.
Dr. Shukla will insert laser fiber through the small incisions and different laser wavelengths, ranging from 1064nm to 1440nm, enabling removing fat cells while restoring the natural beauty of your chin.
In addition, laser energy melts fat cells. Thus, you will find the process painless and minimally invasive.
This method is best for tightening the skin to provide superior results. While the conventional liposuction technique is not suitable for you, it is better to rely on Smartlipo.
Smartlipo can lift your sagging jowls to ensure the best shape of your neck portion.
Double Chin Treatment with Traditional liposuction of the Chin and neck:
You can still get rid of a double chin with the traditional liposuction, but it may come with severe downtime and is way more invasive than other procedures. You can check this article to get additional information about liposuction.
Why prefer Smartlipo to manage double chin compared to the traditional lipo of chin and neck?
- Traditional liposuction can cause a bruising effect, and you need much time for recovery. However, the laser energy of Smartlipo helps in closing blood vessels.
- As a result, you will find minimal bleeding, swelling, and bruising effect. Thus, it is better than other older versions of liposuction processes.
- Tighten up the skin of your neck and chin with this process.
- Smartlipo is effective for triggering the contraction of collagen while producing new collagen in due course.
Why should you choose ShineMD?
At ShineMD MedSpa and Liposuction Center, based in Houston, TX, we serve our best medication guide and treatments to the patients. Not sure which option to pick? Check out this blog by Dr. Shukla on whether to decide which treatment you should choose for double chin removal.
ShineMD MedSpa and Liposuction Center is the leading provider of aesthetics, wellness, and body contouring treatments in Houston, TX. We are a one-stop-shop for head-to-toe revitalization and offer various FDA-approved treatments.
To know more about treatment to get rid of a double chin, feel free to call 832.509.5099 during our office hours or visit our website to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
ShineMD Medspa offers a wide variety of FDA-approved Double Chin Treatment. In addition, ShineMD offers Kybella, Coolsculpting, and Smartlipo for Double Chin Removal. Please get in touch with the office to schedule your consultation.